Most ladies want to glam up before a momentous occasion or event. Who wouldn’t want to change their look and leave everyone blown away over their voluminous hair? Great Length hair extensions have been the secret weapon of many ladies to look red-carpet ready.
This hair accessory came a long way thanks to technological advancements. If you’re planning on adding volume to your hair, you might wonder how long extensions usually last. Let’s answer your queries and other commonly asked questions about this hair accessory below.
Are great length hair extensions for everyone?
The first thing that you should know before getting an artificial hair integration is if it’s suitable for you. Though it is tailored to every person, this cosmetic procedure can only be done with healthy hair. Aside from that, your hair should be at least 5 cm to attach the extension correctly.
It would be best to contact a hairstylist and have a hair consultation. This will help you ensure the best results and find out if you’re suitable for this treatment.
How is it attached to natural hair?
Great lengths extensions are made from polymer bonds, which provides a quick application. The extension can be applied using various methods such as heat, tapes, or a machine. Each application has different advantages, so it’s better to discuss it with a stylist.
How much does it cost?
Probably the most frequently asked question is the cost for this artificial hair integration. The price of this cosmetic procedure may vary from client to client. Also, it may depend on where you’re located and the expertise of your stylist.
Your hair length and your desired result will affect the cost of your procedure. You can choose to lengthen, add volume, or color to your hair. The price usually starts at $1000 and increases. Schedule a consultation if you want the most accurate answer, based on your location and desired result.
Will it damage your hair?
Great length extensions are proven to be safe and wouldn’t cause any hair damage when applied correctly and maintained properly. This is why a hair evaluation is essential and also aftercare to ensure your best results. Follow this list for your hair care.
- Use a double bristle brush and comb from root to tip every day
- Tilt your head while washing your hair.
- Avoid circular motions when applying shampoo or conditioner to lessen tangles.
- Tie up your hair loosely.
How long does it last?
Most hair clinics will recommend you remove your extensions every five months, depending on what type of application was used. For pre-bonded extensions, they should be removed every four to six months. And for the taped extensions, it’s recommended to have them removed every six to eight weeks.
Also, the time frames are adjusted based on the following factors. These are:
- How quickly your hair grows
- Type of application
- Hair products you use
- Hair Maintenance
If you want your artificial hair extensions to last longer, you should care for them properly. To ensure the longevity of your great length hair extensions, make sure to follow this guide.
- Use the recommended hair product advised by your hairstylist.
- Follow regular maintenance and hair aftercare.
- Contact your stylist if you have concerns.
How to care for your hair extensions
Having great length hair extensions will change your lifestyle. You will need to put extra time and attention into your hair to maintain it. When you’re washing your hair, it’s important to remember these steps to avoid damage and tangles.
- Before taking a shower, brush your hair to remove the tangles
- When washing your hair, follow a downward motion from your scalp down to your ends
- Make sure to use a shampoo that’s suitable for your extension. It would be best to ask your stylist for recommendations.
- Wet your hair starting at the scalp and let the water trickle downward. It creates a gradual wetting of your hair, which is very important, so the hair does not swell. Swelling causes tangles. Swelling is especially common with low-quality hair.
- After thoroughly wetting the hair, gently brush your hair before adding shampoo.
- When adding shampoo, make sure to massage your hair gently to avoid tangles.
- Bring the shampoo through the remainder of your hair from your scalp down through to the ends gently. Work the shampoo through your hair in downwards movements.
- Rinse your hair from the scalp down to your ends until your hair is shampoo-free.
- Gently comb through your hair. Hold the base by your extensions; start at the ends and work your way upward.
- Towel dry your hair by dabbing the towel gently in a downward direction.
Always remember that the schedule of your hair extension removal will depend on your last appointment. Your hairstylist will let you know when it needs to be removed. Another thing that you should take note of is that you shouldn’t try to do it yourself; let your stylist do the work to ensure damage-free hair.
- Be prepared to spend extra time doing your hair in the morning
Before getting hair extensions, you should know that it will take more time in your everyday routine. Since your hair will be voluminous and longer, it’ll take more time to dry and harder to comb out. The steps listed above on how to wash your hair will help you avoid hair damage and tangles.
- Take care of your hair with the right products.
It’s also important to know that you shouldn’t just use any shampoo. Shampoos that contain sulfate can lead to dryness, split ends, or worse, damaged hair extension. You should use the right products suggested by your hairstylist.
- Be prepared to spend some cash.
You should use the right products suggested by your hairstylist. When it comes to hair maintenance, you’ll need to spend some cash. You can use oils, creams, and various hair styling products. Also, you will need to change your extensions now and then, and hair extensions aren’t cheap.
- Take breaks
You should consider taking a break between appointments to allow your scalp to breathe. This will help your scalp and hair to recover and remain healthy.
- Avoid salty or chlorinated water.
Great length hair extensions are made of natural hair, so the chlorinated water in most pools and the ocean water can be damaging. Try to avoid swimming without protecting your hair properly. Always wear a cap to the water and minimize the risk of getting your hair wet.
- Avoid using just any brush.
You should try to invest in a particular type of brush suited for your hair extensions. Use a double bristle brush and comb from root to tip every day
- Don’t over-wash it
It’s important to know that you should avoid over-shampooing your hair when you have extensions and stay away from greasy products. Try to avoid washing your hair as much as possible and opt for dry shampoo to restore freshness to hair because shampoos have harsh minerals which can weaken the bonds.
- Don’t expose your hair to too much heat.
Using flat iron frequently can be damaging to your extension. If you’re planning to iron your hair, you can use a heat protectant if you want those extensions to last longer. Make sure that the iron or curler w.st glide through your hair quickly, reducing the damage.
- Don’t sleep with wet hair.
It’s always a struggle when your hair gets tangled. This is why you should avoid sleeping with wet hair as much as possible because you’ll end up tangling your hair. Also, this may help you prevent your hair from drying out and be prone to frizzing. Hair extensions are an excellent way to keep up with any hair trend without having any regrets. This semi-permanent cosmetic procedure will help your hair look voluminous and runway-ready. If you’ve been planning to get extensions, this is the perfect time to book an appointment. Make sure to have it done by parlors like Tabu Salon to make sure that you’re receiving the best service.