Hair extension is the best possibility for various goals of beauty lovers like adding volume, length, or a new hairstyle. But even though it is versatile, if you do not take proper care, it can cause severe damage to the actual hair. Adding to their expensive nature, you have to take care of them by choosing the right products and optimal care. Keep reading below to understand some crucial aspects.
How to find the right hair products for your hair extensions
- You may find it tricky to select the right products like shampoos, conditioners, etc for your hair extensions, especially in the initial periods. There is no one-solution-fits-for-all approach in choosing the products. But there are some ingredients which you have to look for their inclusion and exclusion in the product. Avoiding products that consist of some harmful ingredients will solve the major issues. Taking optimal care for looking through the descriptions will allow you to enhance the life of extensions. One type of product that is beneficial for your friend may not be ideal for another.
- A key ingredient that must be avoided is sulfates. They are the usual suspects present in different types of hair products but can cause damage largely. They are used in the products for providing extra foam due to the presence of salts. These high presences of salts will block the natural production of oils from the hair. Hence, ensure that your products do not contain sulfates.
- Another ingredient to look out for is isopropyl alcohol which also has a reputation for drying oil from your hairs. This ingredient is highly used in hair conditioners but also employed in wood finishing products and antifreeze for its robust nature.
- Another ingredient to look out for is Behentrimonium Chloride which is a strong chemical. This ingredient along with being harmful to hair extensions can also cause an annoying problem for both eyes and skin.
- We need to ensure that we get only quality products for taking care of the hair and extensions. You may find cheaper products but on the account of compromising quality. Do not select the product by only going with the price point of view, but select them only based on quality ingredients.
Tips for taking care of hair extensions:
Washing the hair:
After you have taken care of choosing the right ingredients, you have to take care of washing them at regular intervals without worrying about the reactions of any harmful chemicals. The suggested method of washing the hair must be done in a calming way possibly in a shower without any urgency. While you may want to wash the hair in hurry-burry to cope up with your other routines or the rapid lifestyle, it can tangle your extensions. This may cause a further issue where you may have to spend extra time removing these knots.
It is wiser to bath only in warm water instead of hit one as it is another culprit for blocking natural oils from the hair and scalp. Always ensure to be gentle and focus on the roots while using the shampoo and conditioner only on the ends of your hair. Regular usage of conditioner near the roots will lead to sliding of extensions and decreasing their durability.
Drying the hair:
Always remember to detangle the hair before starting the process of drying. Use soft towels to dry the hair with smooth gentle movements. You can wrap the hair with a towel to remove all the extra water. The extensions must not be allowed to dry naturally as they are susceptible to damage while they are wet.
Brushing the hair:
This is a crucial activity as you will be putting extra pressure on the bonds. Use a recommended brush that is suited for your type of extensions. Do not brush the hair in urgency especially if you are clearing the knots as they can release the bonds. The suggested way is to start with small sections of hair and brush it starting from the extensions and carefully removing any tangled portion of extensions.
Taking care while Sleeping:
You may be negligible in taking care of your hair while going to sleep. But it is highly crucial to thoroughly dry the hair and not go to bed with even a small amount of dampness. Not sleeping with wet hair is the basic caring feature for extensions. You can tie the hair loosely to avoid any tangling while using a soft pillow if you use them. As the hair will be vulnerable when it is wet, the different motions while sleeping can lead to damage to your extensions.
Separating the knots and bonds:
Some of the individuals may find it time-consuming to dedicate time to separating the bonds every day. But if you do this activity every day then it will take less time than your actual expectation. You can just gently use your fingers to see if any bonds have become entangled and try to separate them. If they are tight, you may use a recommended brush to separate them. By doing this, you can ensure that extensions will be protected from knotting with your actual hair.
Some of the extensions are exclusive for particular lifestyles and you can be wiser while choosing the right extensions. Regardless of this, you have to be careful of certain activities that can reduce the durability of your extensions when done regularly. It includes:
- Bathing in extremely hot water
- Usage of steam and sauna regularly
- Swimming in chlorinated or seawater
- Performing excessive sweating exercises
You must visit a reliable stylist to get proper guidance on the right extensions for your lifestyle. The experts at Tabu salon provide a reasonable and effective package for your needs. If you are looking for choosing the best hair extensions in visit Tabu salon who will use the right hair products and color mixing to give you the hair that you have dreamt of.